OPIC plaza: Fire from Chinese restaurant caused explosion - LASEMA

  The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), has given more insight into what led to Thursday’s gas explosion in front of the Ogu...

 

The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), has given more insight into what led to Thursday’s gas explosion in front of the Ogun State Property Investment Company (OPIC) Plaza in Ikeja.

Saga Gist had reported that three persons were killed while 13 others suffered varying degrees of injuries after a Liquefied Petroleum Gas ( LPG) tanker exploded in front of the plaza.

No fewer than 24 cars were also destroyed, while a part of the building was severely damaged in the incident which occurred at about 10.32 p.m on Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja.

Following the development, LASEMA’s Director-General, Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, while giving an update into what led to the incident on Saturday told newsmen that the explosion was ignited by a spark from the kitchen of the Chinese restaurant in which the manager and two of his colleagues were killed on the spot.

He said the restaurant is located inside the Ogun State Property Investment Corporation (OPIC) Plaza where other offices were also burnt.

“Close investigation revealed that the leaking cooking gas from the truck was ignited by the exposed fire from the kitchen of the new Chinese restaurant inside OPIC Plaza.

“As a result of wind action, the whole area of OPIC structure was engulfed with fire.

“The fire trailed the cooking gas, resulting in the explosion of the gas tanker outside the compound,” he said.

Oke-Osanyintolu added that the fire from the explosion resulted in severe damage to the OPIC Plaza building.

According to him, the fire injured 13 people who were rushed to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) and Gbagada General Hospital for treatment.

“Three adult males were further discovered dead at the scene while two more victims died while undergoing medical attention at LASUTH, making it a total of five fatalities recorded from the incident,” he added.

He also noted that the OPIC Plaza had been sealed off as a disaster zone and had been prepared for further investigation.

COMMENTS

INNER POST ADS 2

Name

BBNaija,2201,Business,2739,CampusGist,1036,Celeb,4898,celebrities,240,Comedy,8,CONFESSION,11,Education,2433,Entertainment,6108,Fashion,367,Featured,626,Gist,2037,Health,725,Interview,1,Job,3,Lifestyle,874,Music,153,MY STORY,37,News,84805,Opinion,876,Poem,10,Politics,13844,Relationship,210,Sponsored Contents,31,Sports,17670,Style & Travel,47,Success Stories,265,Technology,342,Video,114,
ltr
item
Saga Gist - Top Source for Nigeria News: OPIC plaza: Fire from Chinese restaurant caused explosion - LASEMA
OPIC plaza: Fire from Chinese restaurant caused explosion - LASEMA
https://dailypost.ng/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/SqnQsYVT.jpeg.webp
Saga Gist - Top Source for Nigeria News
http://www.sagagist.com.ng/2021/06/opic-plaza-fire-from-chinese-restaurant.html
http://www.sagagist.com.ng/
http://www.sagagist.com.ng/
http://www.sagagist.com.ng/2021/06/opic-plaza-fire-from-chinese-restaurant.html
true
3363430711841052055
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS PREMIUM CONTENT IS LOCKED STEP 1: Share to a social network STEP 2: Click the link on your social network Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy Table of Content