Mother, two children severely burnt as cooking gas explodes in Bayelsa

  A mother and her two children were on Sunday evening severely injured after a gas explosion occurred along the Azikoro road in Ekeki commu...


 

A mother and her two children were on Sunday evening severely injured after a gas explosion occurred along the Azikoro road in Ekeki community, Yenagoa Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.

Saga Gist gathered yesterday that the children aged 6 and 8 years were with their mother at about 6.30pm when the explosion happened in their kitchen.

A close neighbour said that the three victims were home awaiting the arrival of the husband, who is a commercial motorcyclist popularly known as Keke Napep from Kogi State when the odour of gas leakage was perceived.

“Upon perceiving the smell of the gas, the woman left the children and switched on a torchlight to check the leakage, when a huge explosion which threw open their iron door and shook the building was heard.

Some sources within the area said the sound of the explosion threw neighbours into panic as it shook the foundation of some buildings in the area.

A visit to the building showed that the explosion threw up a ball of fire and the three severely injured family members were rescued by neighbours and taken to the Government House Clinic,” the 6years old boy was severely burnt because he was lying down naked when the explosion occurred. The mother and the other eight years old boy were severely affected too.”

Already, neighbours and good Samaritans have started pulling resources together to assist the victims, while calling on the Bayelsa and Kogi State Government to assist the poor family during these trying times.

COMMENTS

INNER POST ADS 2

Name

BBNaija,2809,Business,2746,CampusGist,1036,Celeb,4898,celebrities,240,Comedy,8,CONFESSION,11,Education,2490,Entertainment,6492,Fashion,367,Featured,626,Gist,2037,Health,735,Interview,1,Job,3,Lifestyle,874,Music,154,MY STORY,37,News,89459,Opinion,1005,Poem,10,Politics,14754,Relationship,210,Sponsored Contents,32,Sports,19267,Style & Travel,47,Success Stories,265,Technology,342,Video,114,
ltr
item
Saga Gist - Top Source for Nigeria News: Mother, two children severely burnt as cooking gas explodes in Bayelsa
Mother, two children severely burnt as cooking gas explodes in Bayelsa
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-60p3_dYS-3A/YaUqGTIZTwI/AAAAAAACS4Y/X3FwdyF1Tq8NPs9QYd5Ma3JYblab5tGXQCNcBGAsYHQ/w442-h387/J6VEHJWd.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-60p3_dYS-3A/YaUqGTIZTwI/AAAAAAACS4Y/X3FwdyF1Tq8NPs9QYd5Ma3JYblab5tGXQCNcBGAsYHQ/s72-w442-c-h387/J6VEHJWd.jpg
Saga Gist - Top Source for Nigeria News
http://www.sagagist.com.ng/2021/11/mother-two-children-severely-burnt-as.html
http://www.sagagist.com.ng/
http://www.sagagist.com.ng/
http://www.sagagist.com.ng/2021/11/mother-two-children-severely-burnt-as.html
true
3363430711841052055
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS PREMIUM CONTENT IS LOCKED STEP 1: Share to a social network STEP 2: Click the link on your social network Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy Table of Content