Cooking gas explosion claims woman’s life in Kwara


 

A cooking gas explosion has killed a woman at the Tabernacle Area, Egbe Garage in Omu-aran Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State.

It was learnt that the incident occurred on Monday at about 10:35hrs while she was trying to prepare her family food.

Firemen were able to put the situation under control on time and saved the victim’s husband who had also been trapped inside the fire explosion.

He was thereafter taken to the hospital.

Reports say the building areas affected by the fire included the sitting room, kitchen and dining.

The Director, Kwara State Fire Service, Prince Falade John Olumuyiwa, who confirmed the incident, charged the general public, particularly women, to go and learn the correct practice of using a cooking gas cylinder.

Post a Comment

0 Comments