Gas explosion destroys millions of goods, properties in Lagos community market


Goods and properties worth millions were razed on Saturday following a gas explosion that occurred at a market situated at Council Bus Stop along Egbeda-Ikotun Road, Alimosho Local Government Area, of Lagos State.

Accordingly, the inferno resulted in unrest as traders and commuters scampered for safety.

A statement by the Director of Lagos State Fire and Rescue Services, Margaret Adeseye, confirmed the incident, noting that the agency had received an emergency call around 2 pm on the fire incident.

Adeseye explained that the fire was caused by a gas cylinder leakage in use at one of the shops, which led to the explosion that spread to several other shops.

She further disclosed that the fire had been controlled as efforts were to dampen down any remaining pockets of flames

Post a Comment